Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 1: Empty Sea!

June 12, 2014

Family,

I love you!  I also love being here at the MTC (empty sea!)  It was amazing, as I walked through the front doors I was just washed over by the biggest, happiest feeling.  It was astounding and comforting because all my fear just evaporated.

Then I walked into my classroom and both my teachers only spoke Korean.  Like no English at all and they never will.  Yikes.  I guess immersion is the best way - just like baptism.

I wanted to write you so you know I'm safe and doing good and also because I learned that my first p-day will be Thursday so when you don't hear from me Monday, don't panic.  I am so glad to be here and I am certain that Korean will be the hardest thing I've ever done, but it will also be the best.  The Church is true.  Keep the faith.  Your in my prayers.

❤  Elder Tucker

*Editor's note:  When McKay's oldest sister was small, she had a hard time understanding where her Uncle Bubba had gone.  She knew he had left on his mission, but couldn't place him.  She asked me, "Is he on a boat?"  And when I said no, "He's in the MTC for two months, and then he will go to Argentina."  she asked, "Well, will he go to Argentina on a boat?"  So I told her that no, after the MTC he would go there in an airplane.  Finally she asked "Well, why do they call it the empty sea, anyways?  Isn't there any water in it?"