Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 23: Winter!!

Ok. It's actually fall, but in my defense I am from Mesa and I can wear shorts at Christmas. This week in  천안 has probably been the first week with consistent cold weather. It is crazy--not actually bad at all because I have layers. I have layers like an onion! Or an ogre! Or a cake. Anyway, onto more important matters.

Yesterday in church was the primary program. Oh my goodness gracious, those Asian children were so adorable! It is amazing how on the other side of the world the church is the exact same. The primary took me back because it was just like the ones at home--super cute children singing (really energetically and slightly off key), little quotes about Jesus, articles of faith, pouting children who refuse to move...the best! It was just like home! ...but in Korean. I love this gospel and love how it makes families stronger and happier. I can attest that I have one of the greatest families on the planet (I feel like some sort of an authority on the subject because I live on the other side of the world these days. :) and I know that it is due to living and being taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the little things that make the biggest differences. I learned my habit of daily (more than once a day) prayer and scripture study form my parents and older siblings. I have been edified by the words of the prophets because watching and re-reading General Conference was a regular occurrence at my house. We frequently had family home evening and there I was able to learn from the testimonies of others as well as shared mine own (and we all know that testimonies grow in the bearing of them. It's like love: the more you share it, the more you get) So I just wanted to send a shout out to my people! Thank you family! Undoubtedly your influence will be felt in the lives of others for eternity (because we are a "forever family").

Also, this transfer we have a mission tour with a General Authority from the are presidency. In preparation he gave all of us missionaries home work. We are to go through the Book of Mormon and look at all of the missionaries contained therein. I am to take note of what they did and what brought them success. He asked us to  write everything we learn down in a study journal and bring it in tow with us to the conference. I love this homework as I am getting so many new insights from the awesome figures in the Book of Mormon as I study them specifically and in depth. I have gotten so many new insights. I'm here to tell you that if you take a specific question into the Book of Mormon, the Spirit will guide you and God will pour out the inspiration upon you. Any question you have can be answered in the Book of Mormon. Any question! I promise.

2.0
It's a short one today because my fingers are slow on the keys.

1 Nephi 18:24 Here we have a verse that it most often over looked, but I love it. I love how when Lehi and his family got to this new place, when they arrived in their promised land, they had to plant food to live. They had gathered seeds along their way (seeds being talents or gifts or what have you...it's an open analogy) and here they till the earth and bury all their seeds into the earth. They don't hold anything back from the Lord and trust Him and trust in his ability to provide if they keep the commandments  (2 Nephi 5:10-11).  They do this and they were "blessed in abundance". The same promise is there for us and if we will trust Him He will multiply all of our seeds and we will be happy! God....He is like the best investment banker ever!

Love you,

Onward and upwards...(like there  is any other choice... :)


Elder Tucker