Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 65: Asmelash!‏

I have to keep this one short this week because I don't' handle my time well and I think exact obedience is the hardest aspect of obedience! It's so--like on the line! But I do my best!

This week just flew by and I will share with you my favorite part of the whole week. Asmelash! I did not just sneeze, his name is Asmelash and he is such a great miracle! He is a masters student studying at KAIST university in Korea and is originally from Ethiopia! This week we did a member lesson with our member Anthony from Kenya and it went smashingly! Anthony cam and he brought his friend John who is from Ghana--I think it was the most ethnically diverse lesson we've had in the mission ever. Who would have thought Korea, right? He is amazingly prepared. We set to teach the plan of salvation and prepared really well, but ended up spending the 45 minutes of the lesson just answering questions and testifying. So powerful! We assigned him to read 3 Nephi 11 and he began asking his questions about the Lamamanites and Nephites and then kept asking and brought up the people of Jared then started asking about Mosiah and his people. He wanted to know about the geographical location of Zarahemla and Bountiful. You should have seen the looks Elder Baker, Anthony, and I were giving each other as he continued to expound to us his studies and his questions. Turns out in five days he read from the beginning of the book to half way through Alma, while juggling a full class load. He loves it and is praying and came to church and is just so happy! I really appreciate the blessings of the Lord. Truly he pours our his tender mercies upon all those who keep his commandments. If any of you lack [tender mercies] let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him! It is so true!

I love this work and am so excited for our mission tour next week with Elder Choi from the first quorum of the seventy! So great! Things in Korea are going well. As can be expected with the Lord on our side!

Onward and upward

Elder Tucker