Sunday, May 24, 2015

Week 50: Homeward Bound. . . the song. . . ^^

So this morning as I was doing pushups (fist bump for missionary work outs) the song "Homeward Bound" came on over Elder Johnson's iPod. I love that song. It reminds me of good times past and my hope for good times yet to come! I remember singing that song with the alumni at graduation and it is weird because that feels like it was in a different lifetime. The missionary work rolls forward and life continues to press on, and I just felt a little reflective today. The email is not really a good recap for my week, but I think it gives you some insight into where I am. And I think that's good. I was thinking a little about the words from the song "Homeward Bound" (conveniently found on the church website. Thank you Church!) and the words hold truth and here is just a little of what was going through my head.

"If you find it's me your missing, if your hoping I'll return, to your thoughts I'll soon be listening, in the road I'll stop and turn. Then the wind will set me racing as my journey nears its end, and the path I'll be retracing, when I'm homeward bound again."

I know that missions and life are hard. I know that missing home is normal because it means we have love there. And I am so happy for my opportunity to teach people about their heavenly home and how the Lord loves them so. He is good. As the time moves and as I move forward in my missionary service I can feel the "wind" setting me racing and it's a funny thing. Time moves and life changes. And am I always homeward bound? (not a trunky joke^^) Am I always fixed and moving in the direction of my home with Father? What can I do to be more homeward bound?

"Bind me not to the pasture, chain me not to the plow, set me free to find my calling and I'll be homeward bound in time." I know my calling and I know by whom I am called. I know that Christ lives and I know that as I follow Him, as I'm obedient, that is when I am unchained. That is when we find freedom. Obedience to God and living the precepts of the gospel is God's gift to us for a happy life. I know that's true. And I know that as I seek to be homeward bound that I will feel God's love. I will see His hand in my life. And I will experience all those happy reunion. I love you guys! I am so excited for all of my friends and family that graduated, for those heading out on missions, for those on different adventures. I love you and know that God watches over you. May all of you feel my love and feel His. And may we all be homeward bound in time!

Onward and Upward,

Elder Tucker

I ate so much food. It was gross‏.
We went to this buffet "Ashley" with our member from Kenya and our investigator from Uganda. I ate nine plates of food. It was terribly. Terribly delicious, but you know. I almost died!~
I love you guys. Don't worry. I'm eating well in Korea.^&^










In the quiet misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing
And the sky is clear and red,
When the summer's ceased its gleaming
When the corn is past its prime,
When adventure's lost its meaning -
I'll be homeward bound in time
Bind me not to the pasture
Chain me not to the plow
Set me free to find my calling
And I'll return to you somehow
If you find it's me you're missing
If you're hoping I'll return,
To your thoughts I'll soon be listening,
And in the road I'll stop and turn
Then the wind will set me racing
As my journey nears its end
And the path I'll be retracing
When I'm homeward bound again
Bind me not to the pasture
Chain me not to the plow
Set me free to find my calling
And I'll return to you somehow
(softly)
In the quiet misty morning
When the moon has gone to bed,
When the sparrows stop their singing
I'll be homeward bound again.