Sunday, June 14, 2015

Week 53: Happy Birthday Elder Tucker!!!‏

And I say hey! Hey! what a wonderful kind of day!(thanks Arthur for the best theme song ever). And thanks emails for reminding me that I've been on a mission for over a year! And there is no looking back! Like seriously. I was excited on 11th because I felt old, and I literally forgot that it had happened this week when I logged on this afternoon.^^ Funny, I spend like four weeks hyping about it and then I forget last second. Well, ladies and gentlemen (Elders and Sisters) It was a little over 365 days ago that I got a neat little black tag and Elder Tucker was born. Being a missionary is the best life ever! And to tell you the truth I can't really remember any other life. When I get mail it's fine, but if I ever talk about myself or say "McKay" it's the weirdest thing, like talking about someone else's life. I don't even know who McKay is?! All I know is that 나는 하나님의 아들 예수 그리스도의 제자라. 나는 그의 백성 가운데 그의 말씀을 선포하여, 그들로 영생을 얻게 하기 위하여 그에게 부름을 받았느니라 (or in other words "I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and I have been called of him to declare His word among His people!) It is nice to be a disciple of Christ. So far it is my favorite line of work and the benefits are off the chain!

This week was pretty fun! Okay, I am sorry mom. Elder 박(Park) is really hard to photograph--which is unfortunate because he is the cutest little guy I know! He is the greatest! He is 23 and has already done his two years of mandatory military service and one of his dreams is to become a professional song writer. I think he's got the stuff. He is fabulous on the piano and even better on the guitar--you can rest assured that we have good jams. He is super organized and has the best handwriting I've seen in any language. He hates reading, though. That's a drawback, but not because he loves the scriptures and totally devours the word of God. He is really good at English and it was awesome this week in comp study when he was teaching me new insights from his study of Luke chapter one in English. it was really good! It will definitely come in handy thins week when we give our training this week at combined district meeting. We have like five hours of meeting and a lot to cover.

I am so sorry my people, but time is expired and I have to go! I love you and you are in my prayers!

Onward and Upward

Elder Tucker (it'll be really weird when Elder Tucker turns two! yeah, we're not allowed to think about that^^)