Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 35: Welcome welcome, Monday morning!

Ok, technically it is past noon so it is 오후, not morning, but I was thinking of the hymn (you know the one I like to sing Sunday mornings?) so...it works.

Dear family and friends,

This week has been pretty great! Very busy. I was actually kind of surprised as I started emailing and recalling the past week because last Monday feels so far away. This week I had two different conferences. One is Daejeon and one with the zone at our ward building here in CheongJu. ---important side note: next week is 설날 aka Chinese New Year so I won't be emailing on Monday because p-day is getting moved to the actual new year so we can do more missionary work. Pretty much everyone travels back to their hometown and it gets really hard to meet with anyone. Though I'm excited because the word on the street is that as part of the holiday, the oldest man of the house gives money to all the younger people. So ideally if we visit some members during the holiday we may or may not get a few bucks. I'm hoping for a manwan! ($10 Korean bill)---

I really liked the Tuesday meeting in Daejeon. It was a meeting with some of the mission leaders and President. We call it a conference. Personally, I'm a fan of the term "summit". I think it sounds more exotic. That meeting and zone conference were centered on consecration. Consecration is one of the biggest focuses of our mission right now. It is all about Love for God, love for fellow missionaries, and Love for the work. It was awesome! President shared an article he's been working on recently. It pretty much is a distillation of some of his bigger revelations over the past year and a half of his service and I love it! In the coming weeks I will forward it to you when the PDF becomes available. It is so inspiring.

2.0

Pretty much I am just so happy being here, where I am doing what I'm doing. I know that this work is true! I know it and I am so happy and really just ecstatic to share it with everyone who will listen to me. I don't always like labeling, but I would label myself as an "eternal optimist"! I am just happy and I know that it is because of the gospel. It makes me everything I am.

This week I really enjoyed the last verses of the Book of Mark. I love the Lord's call to his apostles and to us to preach the gospel and how when we do He is there with us and confirms the truth and confirms us to!

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature...And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen."

I love you all and you are in my prayers.

As ever, Onward and Upward!

Elder Tucker