Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 34: 침례!!!!!‏

So for those of you who can't read gibberish this week's title reads "baptism!!!!!". I am so excited and so mad at my camera for being dumb and not uploading the pics from the service. They are good. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the only new pictures I could upload were of "fashion shoot February"! So this week our good friend 김명수 (kim myeong su) got baptized! It is so fantastic. I was happy and nervous because I got to do the dunking and you know....it's in Korean. But all was well--it was more than well-- and the spirit was really strong.

So a little background on our investigator is that we met him at the beginning of the transfer. We just met him on the street while we were doing some contacting. He was smoking and drinking coffee (classic, right?!) and he was really excited to meet us because we were Americans. Truth be told, he was a little weird. He told us that he wanted to go to America because he wants to me Bill Clinton. Don't worry, I'm not sure why either. We now know that he is actually just a little special, but is there enough to function as an adult, and consequently 'there' enough to be baptized into Christ's true church. So over the course of the transfer we met several times and he came to church a lot and amazingly over the course of our meetings he "normal-fied" and now is doing fantastic. It was awesome. One of his biggest problems in getting baptized was that he was such a heavy smoker--pack a day for thirty years. Here is a miracle because God came through in a really amazing way. On the Tuesday before he was baptized we were worried about him still smoking even though he said he had quit. We asked him how the weekend went and when pressed he said that he had smoked one cigarette on Monday. But then he told us that on Monday night he had a dream. In the dream he was standing and then he went and washed his hands. After he finished God came to him and called him by name. He told him not to fear and He told him that he needed to stop smoking, that if he did everything would be alright. So amazing! The spirit was strong and he was able to get baptized this week. I am so grateful to God for crazy-awesome miracles. God is good and will do--does--miraculous things for us every day. If we look they are there and if we ask he will give us that which is expedient for us.

Funny story. So our investigators Anna and Terry own a burger shop right by the church. They love Elder Wagner and I and we lots of free potato wedges. (now picture happy Elder Tucker^^) This past week we were in the shop at night and "Lady in Red" came on their cd track. I like the song a lot and we actually did a choreographed dance to it in ballroom dance senior year so I appreciate it even more. SO....I may or may have started dancing a little and they practically died. They loved it! The downside is that now they play it every time I come into the shop. :) O Babylon, o Babylon, sometimes you are really hard to say good bye to. Especially when you're trying to save them!  But, thank you nightclub two-step for giving me a great story. Lady in red...classic!

2.0

Today for part of personal study I read in the October 2009 general conference ensign and I loved it. For part of comp study I read Elder Wagner
Elder Holland's "Saftey for the Soul" talk. It is his testimony of the Book of Mormon. You know, the "THEY WOULD NOT DO THAT" talk about Joseph and Hiram. I love it!  I read it with all the power and "eyebrow singeing fire" that I could muster. Super fun. But on more spiritual notes I really loved both Elder Christofferson's talk on Moral Discipline. I would encourage everyone to read it again and also President Monson's always applicable words. 

We often find ourselves swimming against the current, and sometimes it seems as though the current could carry us away.
I am reminded of the words of the Lord found in the book of Ether in the Book of Mormon. Said the Lord, “Ye cannot cross this great deep save I prepare you against the waves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth, and the floods which shall come.”   My brothers and sisters, He has prepared us. If we heed His words and live the commandments, we will survive this time of permissiveness and wickedness—a time which can be compared with the waves and the winds and the floods that can destroy. He is ever mindful of us. He loves us and will bless us as we do what is right. 

Life is hard, but God is good! He will prepare us and protect us. Amen.

I love you all.

Onward and Upward.

Elder Tucker



So we are going to a meeting in Daejeon tomorrow and decided to bust out our new matching suits early! best part is they were 50 bucks and I just happen to own two matching ties. I'd call this a good moment for Team Malibu





Also I threw a bonus in there for the fam. I think they will recognize the famous "j-crew" pose. Classic!