Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 26: Well...It's still cold outside and this week I finish lap one‏

Hello Family and friends,

Salutations from the wintry wonderland that is Korea. It is cold here. Weird. I kind of miss green grass Christmas, though let's be real: white Christmas is beautiful. I decided that I really actually like snow. It is like a pretty, magical version of rain. This week we had snow six out of seven days and falling snow is cold, crazy awesome. Thank goodness for scarves and other warm things. The downside with Korean snow is that you can't eat it. The weather is dramatically affected by China and because China is a pollution producing machine we have acid rain...or in this case snow. Stinkin' China.....communists :/

This week has been terrific! Highlight was our Mission Tour with Elder Aoyagi from the 2nd Quorum of the 70. He is fantastic; probably one of my favorite Japanese people. (Though arguably I don't know a lot of Japanese people. Love him anyway.) Let me tell you: we have an amazing worldwide church. Elder Aoyagi is fluent in English but decided last minute to deliver his talk to us in his native Japanese. Wow. I think he was affected by General Conference. He had a translator that translated from Japanese to Korean and then one of the APs translated the Korean to English for all who were interested. I was interested. I understood most all of the Korean (fist pump for 2nd languages) but let's be real, it is way easier to take notes when you don't translate everything in your head first.

As mentioned in my heading, this week marks the end of lap one. I compared the mission to a 1600 meter race. There are four laps. Each one is critical and presents its own challenges but the point is to run every lap to the max so that I can run a sub 4 min mile. (Shout out to my main man Roger Banister.) The race will qualify me for bigger and better races to come but it is a kind of qualifier, and my placement in the next races is dependent on my performance now. Yeah...I get pretty into sports metaphors. The football one is a little harder to follow though so I will save it for later. The point is that this week marks six months as a missionary! WOW! how did that happen? I am a greenie no more. Next week also begins transfer 4 in Korea. I am excited for the Christmas party. I have no idea what will happen but it just sounds nice.

2.0

I am extremely low on time but I have been thinking about Christmas recently. Remember that the purpose of Christmas is Love. It is love for the Savior and love for each other. Love is what makes the world go round and is the only thing that heals hearts and changes lives for the better. Live with more love. What can you give to Christ for Christmas? Ask yourself that but in a non rhetorical way. Answer the question, wrap it up, and change. I love you all and Wish you a very merry holiday.

Onward and Upward

Love Elder Tucker!


picturesque

fash-off

skinny Santa models

cold me!