Sunday, December 28, 2014

Week 29: Here we go boys...2015! Nice!

Salutations and Hello,

My peeps, my people, how are you doing! Firstly and foremost I want to express a shout out to one of my very best friends, soon to be Elder Adam Anders Nissen. If I am not mistaken (though I often am) he joins the ranks this week! I am so excited for him and the surely countless lives that he will impact and change for eternity. It is kind of a big deal: the work of salvation. It is kind of weird that as an eighteen year old I am engaged in such a marvelous work. It humbles me a little..which I guess is a good thing. I am so grateful to God for the best-thing-in-the-world opportunity and for the best family and friend that a guy could ever dream of. I sure love you guys. . . ^^  (Korean smiley face. No really, that is how they text it. I love it!)

Random moment for the week: It probably has to be when we were meeting with an investigator we met on the street. He is a really nice guy, obviously not all the way there upstairs (He is a little special, and his dream is to go to America and meet Bill Clinton. Strange to say the least..), but Bishop said that he can get baptized so we teach him. Anyway. We were teaching him on the third floor of a cafe the other day, trying to get through the plan of salvation. It was a little tough because he gets distracted easily. Plus, that particular cafe plays American music in the background. So we were teaching about our post death lives when I hear the radio switch songs and drops the best. Duh...duh duh...duh duh....Hey JULIET! Classic! "Hey Juliet", one of my very favorites. Also the last song I expected to hear in Korea. It's okay..we also got Jason Mraz and Taylor swift same day. Needless to say we're teaching at the church this week. So funny! The song drops the beat and we drop the Spirit. It was a good one for the books.

2.0

I am sorry my peeps for my short time, the funny thing is that my typing is speeding up..Anyway, Happy New Year! I am so excited for 2015 because it is an entire calendar year that I get to devote straight to God. It will undoubtedly be a year of big growth and change--hopefullly I will get that foot or two that I sang about all those years (or at least an inch..) In considering new goals and resolutions reflect on the words of President Monson closing conference remarks. I wish I had time to post them here.. But alas, I do not. This week and this year I want to focus on being a more courageous servant and more valiant in the testimony of Christ. Look at Alma 53:20-21. My goal is to become a little more like the boss servants of the Lord in the Book of Mormon. I find so much comfort and so much inspiration as I read from its pages. I love it. For New Year's how about everyone reads the Book of Mormon again? Maybe twice. Thrice if you are really feeling it! I'll do the same.

Love you all so much and pray for you every day!

Onward and Upward,

Elder Tucker