Sunday, December 14, 2014

Week 27: Cheonan...It has been real. Real fun and real cold...it's still snowing.

Hello world, (Family, friends, I send you my best regards)

First off, it is still cold. I think I am finally coming to realize and accept that there are four seasons out there. Winter is the cold one (well...if you're in the northern hemisphere at least...). Snow is so pretty--less fun when it is slush, but I learn to adapt. Winter really is pretty fun.

Other news is that I'm being transferred! What? Yep, your little boy is leaving the nest and the trainer and heading to 흥덕 (Hung Deok or something similar to that..) It is actually really close to Cheonan and it's in my stake. Still cool. I am so excited!! I will be serving with Elder Wagner who trained my buddy Elder Woods and My pal Elder Dubois will be coming to take my desk and my companion. Crazy...Christmas. This week we have a Christmas party in Daejeon. It should be super great. I think we're watching 17 Miracles. Classic!

The stressful moment of the week was actually yesterday. I was sitting in sacrament meeting waiting for it to start when the second counselor in the bishopric came down and asked me to play the piano. What?! Yeah, that awkward moment when they don't give you any notice and have preselected all the hymns and I've never played any of them! I had to sight read everything! IN sacrament meeting! Arguably it was not too bad. I just went too fast on the first one but started doing better after that. This was also the first week that the they decided to do a rest hymn too. Four hymns, sight reading. Stress to the max. But I'm still alive. And happy. I might not be able to choose everything I have to do on a mission, but I can choose how I feel about it. I choose to be happy! I feel happier when I'm happy!

2.0

I am out of time for the day but I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. Remember that the best gift we can give is ourselves. Give  ourselves to those we love and give ourselves to God. Remember that love defies logic. The more you give the more you have yourself. Remember that service is the price you pay to live in someone's heart. Thank you for everything you do for me--your prayers and support mean so much to me. You are in mine..

Merry Christmas,

In all things, Onward and Upward!

Elder Tucker



We went to one of our investigator's labs. He is super smart. Such a nice man. His kids are going to college in the states so he's pretty much adopted us as his family. In konglish his name is Choonkeun Park or 박춘근 in the Korean. Last names first, you know. Take a close look at the clock in the background. It is different than you'd think.