Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week28: Holla from 흥덕 (heungDeuk)‏

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Wow, I can't believe the season is upon us. It's practically here! I was going to go on a Grinch rampage for a second but I just have no time. ..I feel like I am qualified to do Grinch impressions because someone tells me I look like Jim Carrey at least three times a week. I love Korea! It really is the best!

This week has been so good and chalk full of miracles. My new companion, Elder Wagner, and I get along so well it's kind of scary. He is like the one year older , Logan Utah, more Zac Efron-y version of me. It's great! The Sisters sometimes call him Malibu Wagner (think Ken) and so now we're Team Malibu. Classic! I was kind of worried our first two days because who knew the work of salvation was so much fun! It's great! And we do work! So Great! (I realize I say "it's great" a lot so I'll try and lower the usage..:) One of our investigator, Anna, is the greatest. She is so sassy! She lived 30 years in America and speaks great English. She is rough around the edges (wears combat boots and a bandana)  and is super independent, but is opening up to the gospel so well. .. I hope. It is great! They own a burger shop literally right next to the church and always give us free cajun potatoes. They're delicious.

2.0

I am so out of time but want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Remember that He is the gift and to gift the gift of yourselves to Him and to others. I think my favorite Christmas song today is I Heard The Bells on Christmas Day by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. I love verses 3 and 4. It is Hymn 214 in the English Hymnbook. I know that this gospel is true! He lives. And through Him, through our Savior, Jesus Christ, whose birthday we're celebrating, we really can have peace on earth and good will towards all men.

Love you and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

Onward and Upward,


Elder Tucker